These tablets contain no animal products, are gluten free and Non-GMO. Each tablet is scored into 2 segments. INGREDIENTS: Microbial coagulant (Mucur Pussillus and/or Mucur Miehei), Megnesium Stearate, Microcrystaline Cellulose. YIELD: 1/2 tablet will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes at 86-95F. Ten tablets will set approximately 40 gallons of milk. DIRECTIONS: Crush desired portion of tablet and dissolve in 1/4c. cool, non-chlorinated water. Add to milk when specified in recipe. Stir to distribute thoroughly. NEVER keep part of rennet solution for later use. When using store bought milk you may need to add a little more rennet. STORAGE: Store rennet tablets in the freezer. They will last at least 3 years if stored properly.
Additional instructions to use Fromase® 50 Milk Coagulating Enzyme Tablets:
1. Dissolve one tablet of Fromase® completely in glass of fresh water. Let the solution stand for 20 minutes before using.
2. For better results, before adding the solution to the milk, the milk should be warmed to 35°C.
3. Pour the Fromase solution into the warmed milk and stir vigorously.
4. Let the milk stand until set. (Approximately 40 to 45 minutes).
5. If you wish to set less than 50 liters, e.g. one fourth for 12 liters, half a tablet for 25 liters, etc.
6. If you use a lactic culture add it to the milk before the Fromase® solution.