The world’s best wine makers will give you varying figures as to what percent of a great wine’s taste is determined by what happens on the vine. Some winemakers making blends have told us this figure is around 40% while others working with grapes from a single origin say over 90% of the taste comes from factors the grapes undergo while growing.
Terroir and different sun exposures can cause substantial variation in grapes vine to vine. While some can taste these subtle differences we believe science and data can help make harvest decisions, especially when the wine maker is not the one picking from the vines!
The useability of the Accuvin Titratable Acidity (TA) Test kit does not end in the field, knowing acidity levels is also important during and post primary fermentation. Adjustment of acid levels is important to optimize extraction of flavor components prior to fermentation.
During fermentation, adjustment of acid levels helps to control the process. Post fermentation, management of acid levels leads to proper taste balance by detecting any acidity losses during aging. Post fermentation monitoring of acid levels can also be used to follow undesirable changes caused by yeast or bacteria.
This Titratable Acidity Test Kit has a range of 4.0 – 11.0 g/L as tartaric acid. Please note this product has a six month shelf life.
REASONS TO USE TITRATABLE ACIDITY TESTS
- Acid Tests can be used for both red and white wines, and require NO adjustments or pretreatments. The test formula has been adjusted to accommodate colored samples.
- Monitoring allows the detection of problems when they are small and require less expensive and extensive intervention.
- Monitor Acid Level to ensure mouthfeel, a wine that smoothly slides over the tongue.
- Monitor TA to ensure taste, complementary characters are allowed to come out.
- Monitor Acid Level to allow wines to be themselves: Robust wines to be robust, Delicate wines to be delicate, and Sweet wines to be sweet.
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU:UPC:Width: 6.00 (in)Height: 4.00 (in)Depth: 6.00 (in)